Nova Launcher Dock Doesn't Rotate

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy S6 Active, running Nova Launcher prime. Something has changed, and for some reason, the dock no longer auto rotates. I have both Touch Wiz and Nova set to auto rotate, but only the center part of the screen rotates, the search bar at the top and dock does not.

This just started a couple of days ago. I've seen reports where the Edge had problems, but nothing on the Active.

Ideas?

Jokebobo

May 10, 2016
Visit site
OK, I created an account to provide more info.

I reverted to a previous restore point, and the issue still exists.

Apps rotate fine, it's only the home screen with the doc and search bar that exhibits the behavior.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
With Nova you can have more than one dock pages. If that's your case maybe something changed after the latest update. Just in case, go to Nova settings - dock - dock pages and make sure you have more than one. Also, check if 'infinite scroll' is enabled in that same screen.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
With Nova you can have more than one dock pages. If that's your case maybe something changed after the latest update. Just in case, go to Nova settings - dock - dock pages and make sure you have more than one. Also, check if 'infinite scroll' is enabled in that same screen.
Not related to the issue. She's asking for screen rotation.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it before, but I might be wrong. I am severely jet lagged right now. :)
Yup. The rotation as you've shown in the pics is how Nova rotates to landscape for at least the past two years.

If you want something thay rotates with the dock still at the bottom, I believe Apex Launcher has that.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The dock never rotated, but the Google search bar (at least the G and the mic) rotates. The bar itself (if you had it in a color contrasting with the background it would show) doesn't rotate.

jebdra

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The nova dock rotates perfectly well if there is room for it.

I had this problem when I upgraded from a Samsung tab s to a later tab with a 16:10 aspect ratio. The dock was stuck on the right in landscape.

Some experimenting showed that Android display settings defaults to a positive zoom on these sized tabs and that didn't leave room for the dock on landscape.

I set the display zoom to zero and it works fine.

Play with nova padding to space the icons and display font size to get something you can read and its all great.

elmoncho

Jun 29, 2022
Visit site
The nova dock rotates perfectly well if there is room for it.

I had this problem when I upgraded from a Samsung tab s to a later tab with a 16:10 aspect ratio. The dock was stuck on the right in landscape.

Some experimenting showed that Android display settings defaults to a positive zoom on these sized tabs and that didn't leave room for the dock on landscape.

I set the display zoom to zero and it works fine.

Play with nova padding to space the icons and display font size to get something you can read and its all great.

Hello there

I'm facing this same issue with my Legion Y700 (8.9" screen), and I cannot find where to find the display zoom to zero, how dis you do it?

Thank you

G3t0ffMeBro

Oct 5, 2022
Visit site
Hello there

I'm facing this same issue with my Legion Y700 (8.9" screen), and I cannot find where to find the display zoom to zero, how dis you do it?

Thank you

I have the y700 as well. Go to developer options and change smallest width, like for font, to 672 or so and the dock will be at the bottom in landscape mode. Cheers :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol