galaxy s5 sport not receiving long text messages from other mobiles and other android versions

A

AC Question

I am using Samsung S5 sports. I am not receiving long text messages (more than 160 characters) from other mobiles. But I can only receive long text messages from S5 Sport with same android version which are used by my friends. When replacing the sim to another mobile (Samsung S3), the long messages have been received correctly. This means the problem is with either Samsung S5 sport mobile or the android version (lollipop). I have searched many forums but couldn't find the solution. Any help in this issue will be highly appreciated.

faisyishere

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem and I resolved it with simply updating my lollipop version of 5.0 using Kies. Now I have the latest version in my Samsung Galaxy S5 sport and no issues in receiving the long text messages. Thanx to android latest update to marshmallow

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That could be a bug in the Lollipop texting app. Since Android is now at Marshmallow, don't expect them to issue a patch - if it's a bug it's probably been fixed in Marshmallow.