Silent mode and wave hand over phone function gone

A

AC Question

I made the switch to the Droid Turbo 2 a few months ago. Loved it, and then I did the Marshmallow update. I used to put my phone on silent and listen to music at work. If someone texted or emailed me, it would pop up on the screen (without me touching it). And now....no more. I know there's the do not disturb function.... But I put the phone on silent to not disturb others, I want to be interrupted without constantly looking at my phone every couple minutes! Any way to get that back??
Similarly, one of the selling points for buying the phone was that you can like wave your hand over the phone and the screen pops up letting you know the time and any notifications (like if you touched the non volume button button). It used to be under accessibility, dexterity. But it's not there. I tried moto, no luck. Settings seems to hint that it's set, but it's not working. I know they probably seem like trivial issues, but when you sign up for one phone and four months later major things you need in a phone aren't working, it's a bit frustrating.
Thanks for any help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21