Inline vol/mic on Apple EarPods (or other iOS-specific headphones) functioning on HTC 10

A

AC Question

Some companies, such as Bose, sell two versions of their popular headphones, one for iOS devices, another for Android devices. Supposedly in the inline mic/volume control will only work for the specific device you choose.

In the past, I've had some luck with getting iOS-branded headphones to work on Android devices. Is that the case with the HTC 10 (for cross-comparability) or is an Android-branded headphone the better way to go?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assume a 4 pole round plug (not the Apple flat multipin plug) the earphones and mic will usually work (the earphones will, the mic should be the standard Apple/Android pin 3 to ground connection, so it should work also. The switches? They may or may not work, The same with any volume controls.

Which is better? I usually go by feel in my ear, not by what it's made for, since I wouldn't use the switches or VCs anyway. If you do, stick with Android made for the HTC. (Android made for Samsung may also have problems with the switches or volume controls.)