Stuck in boot menu after failed update to marshmallow how to get phone working.

A

AC Question

I have an unlocked HTC one M8.

After trying to update to marshmallow it failed and now i am stuck in the boot menu. I have tried to do the factory reset but no luck. After some "googling" i found that i might be able to fix it by getting ROM (what ever that might be) for my phone and manually update it through my PC. Went with the link and chose my phone from the list: htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html

However HTC Sync manager can not detect my phone, when i check my "device manager" i can see that a Android USB device called "My HTC" is connected though i have no way of accessing it.
First i figured it was the USB cable, however when i used the same cable to connect my other andorid phone i had no issues connecting to it.
Then i went to the bootloader on my HTC hoping that it would by some magic detect the phone when in that mode but again no luck.

And now i am at a loss. I really have no idea what to do next. Any and all help is appreciated.

Paarn Tammisto

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I also uninstalled the HTC Sync manager and when i did that the device manager stated that i had connected an "Android 1.0" through USB if thats any help.
Also wanted to make another post here just to get my account attached to this.