I don't know what it is called, but it has six dots inside a circle and is currently in the middle position on my bottom bar thing. I managed to remove the phone button but I can't remove this one because if I touch and hold it just opens up. I just want to move it to a regular spot and not the static bottom bar thing. What am I missing?
    05-11-2016 09:00 AM
    Welcome to the forums. That is the app drawer icon. If you are on the stock launcher, you can't do this. If you get a third party launcher like Nova, then you can move the app drawer icon around.
    05-11-2016 09:03 AM
    Ok, I feel stupid asking, but what is a launcher?
    05-11-2016 09:17 AM
    A launcher is the graphic UI of the phone.
    05-11-2016 09:36 AM
    Hello Tash, welcome to the forums! Take a look at this guide. It will give you a general idea of what a launcher is and can do.

[GUIDE] Nova Launcher
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-11-2016 09:41 AM
    Welcome to the forums. chanchan05 said it best. The stock launcher can't be removed but other launchers can be used instead. Nova offers a lot of customizing options.
    05-11-2016 09:42 AM
    Ok thank you. I haven't heard of a phone gui being called that before (I also didn't know it could be changed). I feel so tech illiterate these days...
    05-11-2016 10:16 AM
    Ok thank you. I haven't heard of a phone gui being called that before (I also didn't know it could be changed). I feel so tech illiterate these days...
    No worries. We all started somewhere.
    05-11-2016 01:39 PM
    No worries. We all started somewhere.
    That's the problem. Old info can be a bigger problem with new stuff then just learning the new stuff. I had my first phone somewhere around 97. (Although I am sure I will have these problems next time I get a phone, they change so fast these days)

I am liking NOVA. But I still don't get why it would be called a launcher instead of a gui. Did someone not like how it sounds like gooey and changed it? Oh well.
    05-11-2016 03:35 PM
    That's the problem. Old info can be a bigger problem with new stuff then just learning the new stuff. I had my first phone somewhere around 97. (Although I am sure I will have these problems next time I get a phone, they change so fast these days)

I am liking NOVA. But I still don't get why it would be called a launcher instead of a gui. Did someone not like how it sounds like gooey and changed it? Oh well.
    Maybe they did that to steer clear of possible litigation from say, Linux. Some of the terms may stem from before Android was owned by Google.
    05-11-2016 04:08 PM

Maybe because it's the UI interface to launch apps? Not sure. It's been called that since I had my first Android 6 years ago.
    05-11-2016 06:12 PM