how to stop unwanted App upgrade downloads?

A

AC Question

I keep getting a message on my samsung galaxy S5 that says an app upgrade download of over 900 MB cannot happen till I clear enough space on my device, but it will not tell me what app is trying to upgrade itself, and I do not want APPs randomly downloading huge upgrades every time I have enough space on my device. How can I find out what App is trying to download a huge upgrade,* and how can I keep it and others from trying again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is for an app update, and not a system update, correct?

Keep in mind that the app might also be trying to update via the Galaxy Apps Store, rather than Google Play Store, so check the settings there as well.

tomaf

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
In Play Store settings, I turned off auto update, but I still keep getting that message that says it's trying to download that huge update, and I cannot see how to cancel any downloads.

tomaf

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I do not even know what the Galaxy Apps Store is. I have never been there or used it. Now I'm afraid to try to clear up room on my device becoz it may suddenly get filled up with this huge upgrade I don't even want, then I won't have room for more things i do want, like more photos.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo