How do I get my Samsung Galaxy Core to read my SD card
    05-12-2016 11:10 AM
    Hello. Have you just installed an sd card that was in a different device. Are there photos you want to view. Music to play.
    What steps did you take when inserting the card. Did it mount, and ask you to format it (which will wipe it).
    Have you inserted it, then gone to Settings - Storage and followed cues there.
    Many reasons.
    If you uploaded music and photos directly to the card, Android's Media Scanner would need to sweep the device, so reboot it and wait.
    Please register to continue this thread.
    05-12-2016 12:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card
    05-12-2016 04:14 PM
    Files can be recovered from a card mounted in a computer - PhotoRec. Even if the card is corrupted, as long as the files aren't, it'll recover them. (Start Linux formatting an exFAT card and you've destroyed the filesystem. PhotoRec never looks at that, it looks for files - and will find them.)
    05-12-2016 04:27 PM