I am on my brothers family plan with sprint, i am trying to activate a galaxy s3 spc-l710 that i bought off craigslist, it is a sprint phone with a clean esn and the previous owner had a sprint account. When i call sprint to activate it they tell me that it is not comlatible with sprint. I am a noob when it comes to programing but i do have someone who will help me unroot the phone but What I can't seem to get is the MSL, and I have tried the terminal enumerator getprop ril.MSL and ##3262# and typing 000000 and then the getprop ril.MSL again and that doesn't work. Most the posts online are old and any other links to downloads that should work for the spc-l710 are dead. I realize that this is an old galaxy but it is the phone I bought, its the phone I want and I know there has got to be a way that I can get this activated.I know its all about the programing. Sprint will not help me, they play stupid and just try to sell me a new phone, they won't even give me the MSL. Can anyone please help me out? Thank You So Much, Pam .
    05-12-2016 04:15 PM
    Unrooting isn't the problem. Since Sprint sells that model, it's evidently a Sprint phone.

What I can't seem to get is the MSL
    See [Guide] Get your MSL# on your Sprint SGS3 | Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Most "Sprint" stores are independently owned and they don't make much on your account, only on your phone purchase. Ask for the number of the area manager and see if you can meet with him/her. (The local one would probably walk into the store and activate the phone himself.)

Oh - you won't get any updates - rooted phones can't be updated, it's dangerous (to the phone).
    05-12-2016 04:33 PM