Saving downloads in a home screen folder

A

AC Question

Hi all
Just wondering if there is any method or app available which would enable me to create a folder on the home screen and save downloads into it, such as email pdf attachments, documents etc?
Upon saving any attachments such as pdfs, they all end up in the downloads folder and become difficult to locate at times, really needed to have some way to save the important files I use frequently into an easily accessed folder.

Thanks in advance and my apologies if this has been discussed before, I didn't have much joy with the search.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums! What phone do you have? There's no way to save a file in your home screen but you can create a shortcut to open it. To do this you'll need a third party file explorer, if your stock one doesn't include this option.

I use Solid but others like FX or Total Commander will work as well. From the file explorer search for the file, long press on it, tap on the three dots top right and select 'create shortcut', or a similar option. Repeat the process for as many files as you need and organise them in a folder.

Tell us how it goes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Upon saving any attachments such as pdfs, they all end up in the downloads folder and become difficult to locate at times
That's how Android is written - it's hard-wired. You can add folders in /Downloads, like /Downloads/pdf, and move your pdf downloads there. (I use /Manuals to keep pdf copies of manuals.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech