Or, that one should not keep a phone charged once it reaches a 100%?

Secondly, does turning off the wifi save battery life?

Thanks.
    05-12-2016 09:51 PM
    I've left every single smartphone I've owned on the charger overnight while I'm sleeping, and I never had a defective battery or a battery that went bad sooner than normal.

Turning off WiFi makes little difference in battery life unless the device is constantly searching for open public networks that are non-existent or have lousy signal.
    Jay Sacks likes this.
    05-12-2016 10:44 PM
    Biggest user of battery is the screen being lit up full power a lot and being in a patchy coverage area where the phone constantly searches for towers. Like Laura, my phones stay on charger all night and I've never had issues... if it gets hot (and you have fast cable charging function you can turn that off maybe...
    05-12-2016 11:42 PM
    In the shop I've had phones on chargers for months (things get buried and if the customer doesn't ask for the phone it gets kind of lost). My V-551 battery, 11 years old, is still fine, after being on the charger for months at a time. (It's my "spare and 'if I might lose it'" phone, so it just sits on the charger until I need it.)

BTW, the instant the phone says 100%, it's somewhere between 92% and 98% charged (depending on the manufacturer and the particular battery). That's because the charger always has to have a higher voltage than the battery to charge it (like water runs downhill) and we're measuring the voltage of the battery (which is really the voltage of the charger minus what the charging circuit does to it). So always leave it on the charger for 30 minutes after it reaches "full charge" so it'll reach full charge.
    05-12-2016 11:53 PM