I never had this problem before, but since getting my Bluetooth headset (Jawbone ERA) for my HTC One M8, is driving me nuts.

Whenever I attempt to make a call, and I have a BT headset connected, as it dials, my phone pops-up with a choice of either BT headset, ear speaker, or speakerphone. At this point if I click on BT, the phone will continue ringing over the BT, but then either after two rings, or a few seconds after the party answers, the BTwill disconnect and the call will switch to the phone. At that point, I have to hit the speaker phone icon, giving me again the choice of output device; select speakerphone, then switch back to the BT, then hit speaker phone again, then finally choose BT a second time; at which point it will usually connect and stay connected.

This happens regardless of whether I am initiating the call from the phone itself, or initiating it from the Bluetooth headset (by voice dial or by redial). I have already tried clearing out the entire Bluetooth device list, restarting the phone, wiping the cache partition, etc etc. Nothing seems to work.

Running 4.4.2 (software version 1.54.651.10 - an update is available, but the extremely sparse information i can find about it does not mention any bluetooth fixes).

Anyone experience this?
    05-12-2016 11:14 PM
    Either the headset is defective, the phone is defective or the headset isn't made to work with that phone.
    05-13-2016 12:52 PM