I recently lost all my contacts on my phone yesterday. Well at least all the ones with phone numbers. They were synced up to job's emailadress. all of my previously contacted emailadresses are ofcourse there and i can see my previous sms, but not the name of the person because there are no contacts. I today tried to again search for one of my previously existing contacts, and at the bottom of my contact search i find "Katalog Millba.no" (which is norvegian for "Catalog Millba.no") in black writing and the person i was looking for listed there, but without a picture.

I am using a Nexus 6p and the stock contacts app as well as the stock phone app.

Thank you
    05-14-2016 01:45 PM
    If they had been entered as Google numbers (the first line in the entry screen), you could have synced to the Google Contacts server. Evidently they weren't, so they're gone now. Enter everything again, export all your contacts, import them as Google contacts, sync, use a browser to go to Google Contacts and clean everything up, then sync again.
    05-14-2016 08:16 PM