"There was a problem logging into Tinder. Please try again."

A

AC Question

I was able to log in initially. I used it a bit for a few days and matched with some people. But then out of nowhere last night I opened the app and I wasn't logged in. Trying to log back in gave the error "There was a problem logging into Tinder. Please try again."
I tried clearing app data and cache, reinstalling, clearing facebook app data and cache and relogging, restarting phone, removing Tinder from my facebook apps list, even reinstalling facebook and changing my facebook email. I didn't get any email about my account or anything (not that I would for any reason). Lastly I just tried making a new facebook account, added a new profile pic and everything, tried logging in with that with still no success. Same error.
Sent a support ticket this morning but in the mean time figured I'd ask for help here. Googled every solution I could find, nothing worked. It's a shame cuz I was pretty proud of my account, it was pretty funny I had just started adding more to it, and was getting some interesting matches despite barely having a chance to really use it yet. And now I can't use it at all even with a new account.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If Tinder develops a problem that lasts for more than an hour, it becomes useless - there's nothing you can do about that. (They're probably looking for the cause of the problem but until they find it, it remains not working. And some problems can be almost impossible to find.)