Trying to help a friend upgrade from a Motorola Droid Razr M to a Motorola Droid Maxx 2. He's had the old phone (Razr M) for several years and is VERY dependent on his calendar for Dr appts, meds schedules (when & what to take), and upcoming events. I'd helped him (and also a Verizon Tech Supt Online rep) awhile back to resolve some problems that caused a few nagging problems, and the tech at one point checked that all "G-mail/Google" syncs were activate and all seemed well. Unknown to either of us (not sure of the tech), the phone had both the internal/device calendar and the Google calendar running together. At some point (6-8 months ago), he'd made an entry and the phone had a screen pop up to choose the calendar to be used. As best as I can determine, up to that point, the Google calendar had been the "active/primary/default" calendar. The friend, assuming that online was the least desirable choice, picked the device calendar. From that point forward, his calendar "events" have been what the phone's calendar options menu indicates as "non-syncable". I've spent 2 1/2 hrs two different times (2 different techs as well) trying to find a solution to this problem.
    The Verizon techs will only say they can acknowledge there SHOULD be a utility/app that can help backup the calendar from the old Motorola and restore it to the new phone, and I've tried one that appeared to be able to backup/transfer the calendar between phones. The problem is, the calendar is still the "device calendar" and therefore not (probably not) going to coexist/cooperate with Google Calendar. The other glitch is the app created duplicate entries for almost every (if not all) calendar event, and as yet I've been unable to find a way to scan for and correct duplicate entries (still waiting for a reply from the apps tech supt). I can't imagine that this problem is new/unique to this user. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    05-16-2016 06:38 AM