LG Optimus Exceed 2 LGVS450PP Security error

A

AC Question

I was on my phone one day just through WiFi just to use that being I no longer use this phone for service.Some kind of software update came up and I just hit the button thinking it would update it, well I guess it didn't or did and I ended up with a Security Error as soon as the LG load screen appears. I've tried factory resetting it and whatever other options I could get to by pushing various buttons through looking up ways to bypass things. Nothing has worked and when I turn it on it just keeps rebooting itself and going right back to the error, can someone please help me? Thank you I would appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What kind of software update was it? Was it notification that appeared in the status bar, or was it some kind of popup with a link that you tapped? I'm trying to determine how legitimate this update was, because if it was some random popup while you were browsing, it's possible that it was a fake update that was trying to lure you into installing some malware.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Usually, if there's a notification for a system update in the status bar, tapping it will take you to the main update page--you don't remember seeing what it was there?

You could try bringing to the phone to your Verizon store and see if they can do anything about it, since it was their update.