Completely Unresponsive S6

A

AC Question

Hi,

My S6 is completely unresponsive. So no lights, plugging it into a charger doesn't do anything, and soft/hard resets won't work. It's like it's completely dead.

So the soft/hard reset methods I've tried, but didn't work, included the following:

1. Press and hold power button for 7/10/20 seconds

2. Press and hold power and down volume buttons for 7/10/20 seconds

3. Press and hold power and up volume buttons for 7/10/20 seconds

4. Press and hold power and both volume buttons for 7/10/20 seconds

5. Press and hold power, up/down volume, home buttons for 7/10/20 seconds

So I've pretty much tried all the combinations for varying lengths of time with all the buttons that can be pressed.

The phone went "dead" very randomly. During my walk between classes I checked the time on my phone, hit the power button to lock it, put it back in my pocket, and when I checked the time again at my destination it was "dead". It sustained no impacts on the short trip.

I have, however, shattered the screen 3 months prior, but got it replaced and it worked perfectly fine. I shattered the screen when I fell off my bike and slid on the side with the phone in my pocket. I guess that may cause some hardware issues, but it was a while ago and nothing has happened since.

Also, if this means anything, I ride my bike everywhere and keep my phone in my pocket so it's sometimes a bit sweaty like me, but the S6 is supposed to be water resistant anyway, and it's not like I'm dumping water on it.

If anyone can provide assistance, it'll be greatly appreciated!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The S6 was never water resistant. The S5 and S7 are, but that feature was skipped on the S6.

So yes it is possible you have water damage. It is also possible that the battery completely discharged for one reason and another to a level below critical charge, hence it won't charge anymore. So in both cases you need to take it into a shop.

On a side note, why does it seem a lot of people think the S6 is water resistant? There was a huge backlash on Samsung all over the internet last year when they removed that feature on the S6.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Either the battery has become disconnected from device or there is a fault. Or the battery has died. Take it to a repair shop.
S6 is not water resistant. My money is on disconnect....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835