Internal Storage doesn't add up to everything.

A

AC Question

I have a Moto G phone, for the internal storage it says that I've used up 3.78 GB of 4.53 GB. But, the Apps I have 1.38 GB, Images 5.94 MB, Video 0 B, Audio 0 B, Other 4.94 MB and Cached Data 6.31 MB.
It doesn't add up! I should only be using about 1.40 GB.
There were times when it was more, and for some reason, the more I deleted the more the storage increased. I have a File Manager which has a "Clean Junk", which I had to install an app, (of course I couldn't even do that, until I got rid of an app) It's called "Clean Master", it seemed like it cleaned a little bit, but I'm also having trouble with that app. It keeps saying that it's not responding.
Where is the trash can on the phone, like there is on a computer? I'm thinking that if I can empty it, it should solve my problems!
Please Help! This is so frustrating! I do actually need it for work.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It won't add up. You've used 3,78GB, but you can't see what's hidden from the user (you). There's data (if you look in the /data folder you'll see an empty folder, but Settings/Storage/Miscellaneous files will show a lot more - and that's looking in /data. There's also other files (like your text database file, your media database folder, etc., that you never see.

NEVER install ANYTHING made by Cheetah (or DU) - their apps just demonstrate that they're writing Windows philosophy to run on Android, and that never works. (Clean Master cleans RAM - which should NEVER be cleaned by anything but Android itself.)

There's no "trash can" - when you delete something it gets deleted. (Not like on a computer, on the only ones you're familiar with - and the ones that try to make you feel better by copying that. Most computers don't just move files to a trash can folder when you "delete" them, they delete the files.

You have no problems to solve - the "missing" space is just space YOU can't get to - Linux has no problem with that, so it's working fine.

dejjones

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same on my Moto G; 3.0GB used out of 4.53GB but only 1.4GB in the breakdown.
If Rukbat's answer is correct it makes the "Internal storage " feature is a waste of time.
What's the point of the feature if more than half the storage is being ignored?
I don't seem to have Settings/Storage/Miscellaneous on my Moto G .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12