I've been trying to move everything. I set all my photos/videos to transfer to my SD card and it tells me that my "destination folder is the same as the source folder". If that's the case, then why is my phone still out of storage space? I've also moved over all of the apps I can to my SD card (and I have less than 3GB of apps anyway) but nothing seems to help!
    05-16-2016 10:22 PM
    1. if destination is the same as source, nothing was moved. Either you chose the wrong place to move the files or you never moved them. SD card is internal, extSdCard is the SD card. (Confusing, but they never asked for my opinion.)

2. "moving" apps to the card merely moves pieces of the app - Android still expects to find the app on internal storage. So you move a piece to the card, a link is left with the app's name and where it is on the card. The next piece gets moved and another directory entry is added to point to that piece. If you move enough smaller-than-a-link pieces to the card, your free internal space actually shrinks. (And when the card goes, you lose the app and, possibly, all its data, so it's a bad idea to move apps to the card.)
    05-16-2016 11:10 PM