Launcher troubles

suryakumar1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I've downloaded one racing game on my UC browser and then my phone starts giving trouble, So I uninstall that game. After that it shows Launcher isn't working/responding because of I'm unable to access menu, Then it shows Launch..isn... message and turns off and on. What could be the reason, that happen to phone. I've done factory reset and it works fine I've lost all my previous data/apps not important but happens. Is factory reset is the only way to sort out it or can I've to try in any other way.
please suggest. Thanks in advance. Is I did any worse.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You downloaded the game through your browser? I assume it was an apk file from some filesharing site--that's always risky, since these sites aren't vetted for malware. Hopefully you didn't install something malicious.

suryakumar1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Usually you can wipe the cache partition from the recovery menu and the right steps will depend on which phone and Android version you have.
Android version is jellybean 4.2 It's a local iball phone.
Hopefully you didn't install something malicious.
Yes I think I'm safe from those. and one more thing which free antivirus/malware protection is better to use, still now I've used cmsecurity.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why do you think you're safe? No Android security app has been proven to be foolproof, and many have been found to be pretty mediocre. If you're downloading apks from random sites, that really increases your risk.