Hi, I hope you can help me. I've posted before about my htc one m8s and I am coming to the conclusion that this phone is garbage. I thought I'd come here first before EE or HTC as I figured I'd get better help.

I had what I think was a software issue which resulted first in the device switching off when it was asked to do anything. After a factory reset this resulted in a boot loop from whcih there was no return. This was about 3 months ago. Sent back to htc under warranty, returned to me working fine.

Now the phone can't see the sim card. It offers no warning, just no signal. When I go to manually select a network operator it tells me then there is no sim. I've looked online to see some fixes and will try these soon but it doesn't feel like a hardware issue as I didn't touch the sim tray or drop it or move it in anyway. It got really hot, I turned it off to let it cool down and when it came back on the network was gone. There is a number of other issues that happen sporadically that make me think this is a duff handset, I've listed below.

Above sim issue.
    When switching off the phone it takes a very long time to come back on.
    The phone restart option doesn't work. It just switches off.
    When it does come back on it asks if I want to use htc sense home??
    The brightness setting has a mind of its own. Although auto is ticked it needs to be reminded and only then it adjusts.
    Airplane mode when activated shows in the icon tray but it takes forever to show green in the shortcut menu. Also it's a challenge to get it off again.
    It gets very hot on occasion.
    Once the alarm / clock app stopped being clickable, it still worked.

I have tried to wipe the cache partition.
    I've got very few 3rd party apps which are you're standard everyday (nothing contentious) apps and they all seem pretty stable.
    I've run in safe mode, same errors.
    I have not factory reset as in the past this has bricked my phone in a boot loop so reluctant to do this.

Would a high street fix shop be able to fix this, when it went back to htc ti was gone for about 10 days and I had to post it to them, collect it etc. A real pain. I think the phone is out of warranty soon anyway.

Thanks for your help.
    05-17-2016 11:02 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's frustrating. It does seem like persistent hardware issues. I'd wonder what they fixed or replaced the first time around. Can you contact HTC again and ask them to fix it again, this time on their own dime? See if you can talk to somebody in person there, and let them know that you've already had to go through one warranty repair that was quite inconvenient. Let them know that you want to stay loyal to HTC, but that you may have to reconsider if they can't help you with this issue.
    05-17-2016 03:25 PM