Hello guys, Recently I've noticed something weird about my phone. The Battery drains while it's charging. It don't happen before and the phone charges super fast less than 2hours to get from 4% to 100% but recently it's been different. The Battery life indicator no longer shows the thunderbolt that indicates a charging battery but the notification light still displays without blinking which gives me assurance that's it's charging and Yes it charges but really slow and when I operate the phone while it's plugged in it drains like I'm not even charging it and it gets really hot. Some of my friends say it's the charger that's causing it while some say its the battery. So I need to hear from you all what is causing this and what can I do PLEEEAASE!!
    05-18-2016 11:06 AM
    Welcome.
    That is odd.
    What device do you have?
    I suggest for you to download "Ampere" from the Play Store.
    It will tell you if and how much it is charging.

Mav.
    Degener84u likes this.
    05-18-2016 11:20 AM
    Hi David

I would also suggest that:

It's quite possible that you may have downloaded an app recently that may be causing this issue.

If you are sure that that didn't occur, I would suggest using a different charger and charging cable to check to see if the problem still exists.

I would also suggest entering recovery mode, depending on your device of course, and doing a wipe of the cache partition.

Regarding the battery, it is quite possible also that it could be nearing the end of its life, even new battery sometimes develop issues and have to be changed.

Try the cache wipe, no data loss will occur, if it still happens try a different charger and cable.

Please let us know how this works out for you!

Chris
    Degener84u likes this.
    05-18-2016 09:14 PM
    1. From 4%? That's a no-no - NEVER drain it to below 40%. That alone could be the problem.

2. The other possibility is that something is using more current than the phone is designed to draw - so the net effect is to take some needed current from the battery.
    H3aTeRzz and Degener84u like this.
    05-18-2016 10:40 PM