I have an HTC Desire 510 and i spilt coffee on it(accidentally),I turned it off as fast as possible,removed the battery,and left it to dry for 2 days,everything works fine,but the microphone is very quiet,i was speaking with a friend and he was saying he couldn't hear me very well,he said the volume coming out of my microphone was very very quiet and weak,i think that maybe the mic hole is clogged,so I searched on google,i found that poking and twisting it softly with toothbrush bristle will fix the problem,i did that and it improved a little,but it's still quiet,any more tips? Please?
    05-18-2016 01:50 PM
    Hello. I haven't got a remedy I can remember, though this has come up in the past. You may get better suggestions in the General Help and how To forum (Android Central Community section).

Bathing it in isopropyl alcohol (ideally when it happened) may still help but I'm not sure about a mic or if it has a diaphragm.C
    Check this and ask site ambassador Rukbat here:
    [GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    05-18-2016 04:17 PM
    Try that toothbrush bristle dipped in rubbing alcohol. Over and over with new alcohol. (Seriously - maybe 100 times, maybe 200.) Pour a tiny bit of milk on a screen (which has larger holes) and let it sit undisturbed overnight. You'll see what happened to the mic screen - and why it needs so many applications to clean. (We used to strip the case, then blast alcohol through it at about 10 psi. It still took about 30 seconds to clean it all out.)
    sfoLAX likes this.
    05-18-2016 05:25 PM
    Try that toothbrush bristle dipped in rubbing alcohol. Over and over with new alcohol. (Seriously - maybe 100 times, maybe 200.) Pour a tiny bit of milk on a screen (which has larger holes) and let it sit undisturbed overnight. You'll see what happened to the mic screen - and why it needs so many applications to clean. (We used to strip the case, then blast alcohol through it at about 10 psi. It still took about 30 seconds to clean it all out.)
    Thanks Rukbat. Awesome experience you have.
    05-18-2016 05:41 PM