My phone takes a good 6 hours to charge from 5% - 100%. I've tested this out. I went to bed 12am with my phone with under 10% battery. I woke up at 5:45am and it was at 94%. By 6:30am, it was at the 100% mark.

I make sure that I charge my phone when it needs to be.

I would say that I'm a regular user. I listen to music when I'm walking to the train station. I check emails, browse the web and play games when I'm on the train. When I'm at work, I barely touch my phone except for when I need to check quick notifications.

My battery does last all day, I can't complain. However, I just don't understand why it takes 6hrs to charge. Surely this isn't normal?

I would love to hear people's reasons behind why it does so.

Thanks for reading.
    05-19-2016 05:29 AM
    How old is the charger? The wire may be just having wear and tear. Get a new cable.
    05-19-2016 05:52 AM
    Are you sure it doesn't reach 100% earler. The phone controls the charge and while it is slightly unusual I think to let it drop below 95% before it tops up again, it may be how your device is configured, I'm guessing.
    Simple first step is to look at the battery graph to see if it's been linear to 100% bearing in mind it takes a lower input at the extremes where the battery is becomes warmer and more resistant.
    Try installing the excellent battery monitor app GSam and see if it heats up overnight, and it will provide you with other information.
    If it's giving good battery life it should be ok, but check if the battery has any bulge when you put it on a flat surface.

Check this thread ftom Rukbat where you can ask more :
    [Guide] The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries
    05-19-2016 07:58 AM
    My phone takes a good 6 hours to charge from 5% - 100%. I've tested this out. I went to bed 12am with my phone with under 10% battery. I woke up at 5:45am and it was at 94%. By 6:30am, it was at the 100% mark.

I make sure that I charge my phone when it needs to be.

I would say that I'm a regular user. I listen to music when I'm walking to the train station. I check emails, browse the web and play games when I'm on the train. When I'm at work, I barely touch my phone except for when I need to check quick notifications.

My battery does last all day, I can't complain. However, I just don't understand why it takes 6hrs to charge. Surely this isn't normal?

I would love to hear people's reasons behind why it does so.

Thanks for reading.
    Have you called samsung, or taken the phone to a Samsung experience shop? The warranty is for one year, but after that time they can still repair the device for you.
    Is your software up to date? That can effect charging as well. Is the charger a Samsung fast charger? If it is a third party charger, there is no guarantee from Samsung that it will be covered.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-19-2016 08:07 AM