The storage of my phone has been decreasing everyday for no apparent reason. I'm constantly using Master cleaner and have barely any big apps. According to the settings, my phone is taking up 11GB of system storage and I'm using the other 4GB on the internal storage. I plan to get a SD card but until then I'd like to resolve the matter. I don't understand why the system is taking up so much storage. According to Storage analyzer, my internal storage is only 11GB.

What I'd like to know is, how do I free up space especially from the system because 11GB for the system seems like a stretch.
    05-19-2016 06:12 AM
    Hello. Yes it is too much. Although recent flagship phones go that high but usually start at 32gb storage.

What device have you got.
    Please uninstall Clean Master and any ram or battery management apps (particularly by Cheetah).
    They are detrimental.

If they were included in a Samsung you may have difficulty and need to disable them instead. You may also need to go to Settings - Security - Device Administrators first.

Can you connect via usb to a pc and see what is hogging the OS.

You can also use a GOOD file explorer app like Solid Explorer (thanks to Dphan00
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=680458
    Hello. Yes it is too much. Although recent flagship phones go that high but usually start at 32gb storage.

What device have you got.
    Please uninstall Clean Master and any ram or battery management apps (particularly by Cheetah).
    They are detrimental.

If they were included in a Samsung you may have difficulty and need to disable them instead. You may also need to go to Settings - Security - Device Administrators first.

Can you connect via usb to a pc and see what is hogging the OS.

You can also use a GOOD file explorer app like Solid Explorer (thanks to Dphan00
    Beware of lock screen ad aware from apps in the Play store
    Javier P and Golfdriver97 like this.
    05-19-2016 06:46 AM
    What phone do you have? You could use SD Maid and clear all the cache and temp files.
    05-19-2016 07:31 AM
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I've got a Galaxy S5 and I've had around 1 gb free for months until a few weeks ago. I suspect one or more of my apps is caching a lot more than it had previously but I'm not sure which one. I use CCleaner once per week but it hasn't been saving much space since the problem started.
    06-03-2016 08:48 AM
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I've got a Galaxy S5 and I've had around 1 gb free for months until a few weeks ago. I suspect one or more of my apps is caching a lot more than it had previously but I'm not sure which one. I use CCleaner once per week but it hasn't been saving much space since the problem started.
    Do you have any obvious culprits? Facebook from what I understand can get to be a glutton for everything from storage to RAM.
    06-03-2016 08:57 AM