ANDROID PAY - Crashing retailer terminals

A

AC Question

I've installed Pay and deactivated the previous app i was using (Vodafone Wallet) i also have an NFC SIM card in the device (S6). Have tried to use A PAY twice at different machines and both times it crashed the retailers payment terminal and gives me no error message on the phone.

Google customer services have offered me no advice. I wonder if the NFC SIM card is interfering? Does A PAY use the NFC SIM card or the phones NFC capabilities.

Ashley Blurton

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't have an NFC sim card (Nexus 5x), and I just managed to crash 2 terminals in Abokado, London. No idea what caused it, and didn't get an error message in the pay app. Been able to use it at other retailers fine before today.

Alexus03

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Well, I managed to crash 3 terminals at Decathlon in London today with my z3 compact, normal sim. It's the first time this happened and it freaked the staff out. No error on the phone. On the 4th terminal, once i touched the phone it asked me for a password (not pin) no idea what that was about. Gotta give props to the staff for keeping on trying. Worked well the other few times i used it.