Anti theft

A

AC Question

Hi, i recently purchase a phone with a Adroid 5.1 lollipop, my phone is not a usual brand is as Oukitel K10000, very good device. What happen to me was that, i allow a friend to use it by introducing is SIM card, once the SIM card in the phone he couldn't do what was expected to so i got it back. Wen i introduce my SIM card i couldn't use de phone because the ANTI THEFT system was activated (that was made a few weeks before by me). The questions that the moment i activated the ANTI THEFT system i did not received any code, and now the phone asked me a code. Can i recover my phone or is it over? Ho... By the way i achieved to make a system factory restart , but always the same situation. Will be very happy if someone can help me...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more details about this antitheft system? Is it something built into the phone, or do you have a 3rd party security app installed?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if someone familiar with the phone (distributor, carrier) has to defeat the anti-theft app. If you have identification proving it's yours (a driver's license with the same name that the phone account is in), you should have no problem once you find someone who knows the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if that Privacy Protection password is related to the SIM. I've seen this kind of thing pop up before when someone tried to use a SIM card that had a SIM lock placed on it. Check with your friend to make sure he didn't inadvertently lock the SIM. If you can't unlock it, ask your carrier for a replacement SIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21