Hi, i recently purchase a phone with a Adroid 5.1 lollipop, my phone is not a usual brand is as Oukitel K10000, very good device. What happen to me was that, i allow a friend to use it by introducing is SIM card, once the SIM card in the phone he couldn't do what was expected to so i got it back. Wen i introduce my SIM card i couldn't use de phone because the ANTI THEFT system was activated (that was made a few weeks before by me). The questions that the moment i activated the ANTI THEFT system i did not received any code, and now the phone asked me a code. Can i recover my phone or is it over? Ho... By the way i achieved to make a system factory restart , but always the same situation. Will be very happy if someone can help me...
    05-20-2016 02:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more details about this antitheft system? Is it something built into the phone, or do you have a 3rd party security app installed?
    05-20-2016 06:35 PM
    Hi, thank you for answering to my question. The anti theft system i think that is build into the phone. I didn't use the security app to activated, I activated it in the phone settings.
    05-21-2016 02:30 AM
    Does it specify what code it's asking for? Is it a screen unlock PIN, or a PIN for the SIM card?
    05-21-2016 11:25 AM
    What is write is: "Please enter the Privacy Protection password to unlock" the screen only allows numbers, this is also request before I introduce the SIM card PIN
    05-21-2016 12:13 PM
    It sounds as if someone familiar with the phone (distributor, carrier) has to defeat the anti-theft app. If you have identification proving it's yours (a driver's license with the same name that the phone account is in), you should have no problem once you find someone who knows the phone.
    05-21-2016 01:37 PM
    I wonder if that Privacy Protection password is related to the SIM. I've seen this kind of thing pop up before when someone tried to use a SIM card that had a SIM lock placed on it. Check with your friend to make sure he didn't inadvertently lock the SIM. If you can't unlock it, ask your carrier for a replacement SIM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-22-2016 12:31 PM