Is my phone secure?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge that I've had for less than a year and pretty early on I discovered 360 security and downloaded it. I never really had any problems with popup ads or security scares but today when I was opening a new tab on my Internet I got a popup that seemed to be from google saying my phone was 28% infected due to recent activity on adult sites (which I 100% honestly have never once gone near any adult sites on this phone) and that I needed to fix the problem immediately to avoid any more risks. It had a link at the bottom that brought me to the Google play store to download DU Cleaner. In a moment of panic I installed it and whilst it finished up I read one of the few bad reviews it has that said it was a scam, that they had a popup as well and to stay away from it. Of course by then I had already installed it and immediately went and uninstalled it. I went to my setting and checked that it was gone, deleted my cached data, ran a scan through smart manager which came back clean, restarted my phone and didn't the the others again. Obviously I'm feeling pretty stupid for allowing myself to fall for something like that but I am still worried for my phone's safety. Is there anything else I can do to ensure my phone is safe? Should I delete 360 security as well? Thanks for taking the time.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem with DU isn't security, it's people who write Windows apps for Android phones. They have no idea how Android works. ("Cleaning RAM" wastes battery, it doesn't save it.) If's not a virus, it's just a waste if you have it installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz