Hi,

I relocated the smart switch backup folder location.

My problem is that every time there is a smart switch upgrade, the backup location gets changed back to the place where the smart switch executable is stored.

Does this sound familiar, and what can I do about it?

thanks.
    05-21-2016 07:39 PM
    Nothing but keep changing it. The default storage location is the one the executable is in, and the old executable gets overwritten when you get a new version. (Your only other option is to write your own backup program.)
    05-21-2016 10:19 PM
    I suppose it doent make a differece, but I misspoke. I meant to say that the backup folder reverts to the locatrion of the installer, not the installed program.
    05-24-2016 03:07 PM
    I doubt that, since the location of the installer app is deep inside some root-protected folder in Android. Most developers define backup folders relative to the executable, not relative to whatever folder you downloaded the installer to.
    05-24-2016 06:40 PM
    Maybe I should have been clearer in my descriptoin.

I have Smart Switch installed on my computer (not my phone).

I use it to backup data on my phone to my computer.

Smart Switch is installed on C:\Programs. The smart switch installer is located on another partition.

In the Smart Switch preferences I have changed the backup folder location, but every time Smart Switch is updated, the backup folder location reverts back to the location of the installer, even when the update is done when the Smart Switch program notifiies you there is an update available, and performs the update without the installer.
    05-30-2016 02:27 PM