my phone heats up at the ear piece side of the phone easily anytime am operating it
    05-22-2016 10:16 AM
    How hot is the question...

All phones will heat up when in use. The location of the heat gives you a good idea where the SoC is. The more you ask from the chip, the more heat it will produce. Your phone has a Snapdragon 410 SoC which is pretty decent for most day to day operations. Taking lots of pictures in a row, shooting extended video, graphically intense games - these are all things that will heat phones in your class rapidly.

If it feels warm, that's normal. Hot is relative and it is hard for me to gauge what temperatures your SoC is reaching. Does the phone start to show a lot of lag when it heats up? Does it generate Warning messages about temperature? Does it ever shut down suddenly? These are all signs your phone is entering the danger zone. Modern cell phones all have a temperature management system that will cut back the CPU load or shut down the system if they get too hot...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-22-2016 11:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I would also wonder about how strong the cell signal is. If it's poor, the phone may heat up as it struggles to maintain the signal (especially while on a call).
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-22-2016 04:35 PM