I dropped my xperia z3 and it started making a buzzing noise and the screens bottom went grey.

A

AC Question

I dropped my phone (Xperia Z3) and the bottom half of the screen went grey and it was making a buzzing noise.. When I pressed the power+vol up (power cycled) button it rebooted and it appears to be fine... Is there any internal damage as it seems to be perfectly ok and there are no cracks.. Please help.... I'm worried

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There's no way for us to know. It's possible that a connection got jarred partway loose from the fall, so you might have this problem intermittently. If you want to be sure, bring it to a repair shop and have them open it up to check the connections.

Starblazer123

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm the same person who asked this question... I am still typing this from my phone and still nothing has shown up.. I also did the built-in diagnostics test to see it its damaged. Nothing showed up and everything works perfectly. I'm just a little paranoid that my phone damaged. Pls help..
Update: it seems that the phones speakers are less loud.. Any idea as to what the problem could be

Last edited:

Starblazer123

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. I actually won't be able to take it to service for reasons. The phone now seems to be randomly restarting. It happens after the phone totally freezes. It actually fell on the bottom part of the phone. The restarts happens once in a week or so. Please help

Starblazer123

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. I actually won't be able to take it to service for reasons. The phone now seems to be randomly restarting. It happens after the phone totally freezes. It actually fell on the bottom part of the phone. The restarts happens once in a week or so. Please help. *I am posting this from the phone