While I understand this question has been asked before, I have tried the suggested methods on this page (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/326698-guide-troubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html) and to no avail my phone will for some reason not connect to my home wifi. Here is some relevant background information regarding my situation:

Router: Linksys Wireless G-Broadband, Model WRT54G 2.4 GHz

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6, with the most recent system update.

Laptop: Dell XPS running Windows 7

Wireless Security: WPS-PSK with AES

The wireless router previously had no security on it, and it was only 2 days ago that I changed it to WPS- PSK with AES encryption as recommended by various different websites.

I have tried everything listed in the previous post except updating the firmware on my router, as I do not possess an ethernet cable adapter that I can use to update the router (it is strongly recommended that I do not upgrade it wirelessly).

Some peculiar behavior of my phone that might be worth noting was that when the encryption on the router is AES, the phone attempts to connect to the wifi but cannot. When the encryption is TIK, the phone can connect to the wifi but then gives the message that there is no internet connection. None of my other devices have this issue so it tells me it must be something to do with the phone, but I have yet to figure out what.

How else can I determine what is preventing my phone from connecting to the wifi?
    05-23-2016 12:22 AM