Asus Zenfone 2 data connection is limited, especially with google apps

A

AC Question

Hello,

I love my Asus Zenfone 2 ASUS_Z00AD with android 5.0. The one problem is my data connection does not work as well as a WIFI connection.

My data connection is fine, full 4g, and most apps work fine. I can browse the internet, facebook app works fine, whatsapp, etc. The problem is mostly with various google apps. Google drive for example will not let me view any of the pictures or download any of the files I have stored via a data connection, but it works fine when connected to wi-fi. Google hangouts is also limited. I can send messages over 4g, but calls don't connect and I rarely get notifications of messages. When connected to wi-fi everything runs seamlessly.

A number of apps don't show notifications at all when connected to 4G even though when I open the app, the app works fine. Once I connect to wi-fi after a long period of 4g connectivity, my phone immediately gets a lot of notifications from Twitter, Yahoo Sports, NY Times, etc.

I'm afraid I accidentally changed a setting afraid I would use too much of my data plan, and now I don't know how to change it back. My phone comes with ASUS mobile manager and I have all of the above apps "allowed" via the Auto-start manager. Also using "control app data usage" within the ASUS mobile manager I have 100% of my apps ticked to work with cellular data as well as wi-fi.

Also, within the phone settings ----> Data Usage ----> Cellular data is "ON" and Set cellular data limit is "OFF". I also have "Restrict app background data" set to "OFF" for all of my apps.

If someone could please help I'm clearly not getting full use out of my phone. I would like to be able to use my various google apps via 4G or wi-fi as I please, and I would like to receive all of my various notifications regardless of if I'm connected to wi-fi or my data network. Thanks for your help in advance!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi - have you tried speaking to your service provider - you might have an issue with 4G in your area. For what it's worth, Google drive loads really slowly with me on 4G and is slightly faster on WiFi.