galaxy s7 edge gray line's on screen

A

AC Question

I accidentally hit a setting by mistake, now I have 3 light gray lines on my screen, one at the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom of the screen, they are light Grey and a half inch wide, how do I get rid of them???

taran0001

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I accidentally hit a setting by mistake, now I have 3 light gray lines on my screen, one at the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom of the screen, they are light Grey and a half inch wide, how do I get rid of them???

Hey I have the same problem with my S7 edge. Is it manufacture fault?

Last edited by a moderator:

mike4604

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
My phone has just done the same thing last night. Thick grey horizontal lines across the screen which reduce or increase in size with screen brightness adjustment.
My phones not even 3 months old, never had any physical damage done to it.
The problem happened when i removed it from the VR Headset.
Tried restarting and tried a hard factory reset but the problem is still there. I was looking for a quick fix but it doesnt seem like there is one the only way is to contact manufacturer.
Contacted samsung uk last night so i am waiting for a response as it is sunday today and the office is closed.
No doubt it will be warranty covered somewhere but i am seeing this problem a lot now if you search the internet.

ionut101

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
hi. I have the same issue on my S7 edge duos after 3 months used without problems until now. i send the phone at warranty and i just received confirmation of failure and they suggest and offer new one phone because the failure cannot be fixed. so go ahead to warranty if you have the same problem on s7.

sprbkmike

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem also, it just started about 2-3 weeks ago. I too am seeing posts on the internet about this...Samsung needs to step up to the plate and take care of this ISSUE!

flcod56

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I also am having the gray lines. Its really a problem with some pictures, ie, taking pictures out of a plane window. The clouds all had gray lines . Very disappointed. Any help from Samsung? Only had 3 months. It has nothing to do with me changing any settings, as I've done nothing to cause this. It was just there one morning when I opened my phone. We all can't be having this same problem without Samsung replying. Going to Verizon store today. Bought insurance. I will not accept a factory refurbished phone. The Galaxy 7 isn't old enough for thst, plus I pd full price 3 months ago and wont accept anything less than a new replacement. I'll keep ya'll posted on my outcome. Anyobe have a resolution with their carrier let us know please. Good luck.

Last edited:

sprbkmike

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
So I first contacted Samsung and they suggested taking the phone to there service center in "downtown L.A."... I thought about that until
I thought why don't I call T-Mobile where I bought the phone from. I talked to the rep that sold me the phone, explained the problem and he said to bring the phone in so he could ck it out. He didn't waste any time ordering me a new phone! Unfortunately it was on back-order but I was just notified the other day it has shipped. So if I were you I would be taking my phone to where you bought it from so you can get it warrantied. It has a 1 year warranty from the factory. Good luck!