I recently rooted my Samsung s4 sgh-1337 (at&t) running 5.0.1 using Kingroot app. Since then, I began having issues with my Google Hangouts Dialer. I can't make or receive calls. Sms works goof for incoming and outgoing but when u try to make a call it just goes to the black call screen where it says "Calling from Google Voice (shows my number)" I never get the dialing sounds and eventually it gives the error: "timed out while joining this call. Check your network connectivity and try again"

So I have tried restarting the phone several times, cleared the system and app caches. Set purify to "whitelist" the dialer app, or leave it alone.

Anyone had similar issues or any suggestions to get my hangouts dialer working again? I really need this to work as its my only phone right now.

I have a stable high speed cable Internet connection and everything works fine with same apps and account from another android phone that is stock on same network.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-23-2016 03:56 PM
    I should also mention that whenever I try to go to the phone's writings and select Google under Accounts tab I get the "Unfortunately, settings has stopped error" clearing the settings cache and restarting made no change. I had gotten this error yesterday and completely factory reset the phone to make it go away but now that problem and the dialer problem are back. So I don't know what exactly is causing it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-23-2016 04:10 PM