I have had my S5 for 9 or so months now, which has never been dropped or damaged. My screen brightness is adjusted to automatic, but recently the screen begins to flicker at times in low light (before I go to sleep with a nightlight as the only light source).
    Then when I click the power button to lock the phone and turn it back on, there will be a split second where the screen will display a weird colour before taking me to my lock screen. The weird screen varies every time, but these include a dark purple screen, a dark green strip running across the screen, and sometimes a screen with an olive colour. Another thing that happened was that when I powered off the phone and turned it on again, the Samsung logo that usually comes up turned lime green instead of white. Then the screen went black and pressing buttons didn't do anything.
    I'm thinking that this has something to do with the low automatic brightness, and my phone is still under warranty. I have turned off auto brightness for now, but I'm not sure if this problem will persist in the future.
    05-25-2016 11:50 PM
    It sounds to me like impending screen failure or some other hardware trouble. The warranty ought to take care of it.
    05-26-2016 12:45 AM