Updated my S6 Edge last night and now the Edge app doesn't work.

Just after the update I was playing with the new features which are great, few hours later it refuses to work.

Switch the phone off then on again and the icon appears but you just get the 'unfortunately the edge screen has stopped working' message. The icon then disappears never to be seen again.

Very very frustrating and never had an issue before the update.
    05-26-2016 02:34 AM
    Updated my S6 Edge last night and now the Edge app doesn't work.

Just after the update I was playing with the new features which are great, few hours later it refuses to work.

Switch the phone off then on again and the icon appears but you just get the 'unfortunately the edge screen has stopped working' message. The icon then disappears never to be seen again.

Very very frustrating and never had an issue before the update.
    05-26-2016 04:00 AM
    My edge screen has also gone after updating ...what's going on so disappointed
    05-26-2016 04:01 AM
    Wipe system cache via recovery mode. Wipe app cache via app manager.

Always highly suggested to do a system cache wipe after an update.
    05-26-2016 04:58 AM
    Hi same as happened to me, I called samsung and spoke to first line tech support ( thats what they call themselves ) and they suggest, "back up data and do a factory reset and then restore" .
    Having spoke to samsung numerous times before and knowing that this is the only thing they know and suggest, i managed to speak to 2nd line remote support. He remotely tryed to fix and no joy. he suggested to do factory reset, i trusted him and did it.
    It worked fine for a few hours, next day same problem happened again. i have been testing different things to find, the edge screen will work fine with any edge app apart from the actual apps edge, if you remove the apps edge, contacts edge and all others will work fine. i have tryed removing the apps so there are only a few but still the same..

dont bother with factory reset it dont work, clearing cache dont work. would of tryed to change edge screen to opposite side but samsung have forgot to put that option in the new software. "left handed people discrimination". but they remembered to put all other edge screen apps that cost £1.00 upwards there. there might be a software update when they realise the problem, like when s6 first released apps where not in alphbetical order, software update took 6 months or more, so dont expect it anytime soon. they normally take about 6 months, or when they have ran out of rice to eat. whichever come sooner.

best solution to the problem.... get an iphone,
    05-26-2016 09:31 AM
    Hi same as happened to me, I called samsung and spoke to first line tech support ( thats what they call themselves ) and they suggest, "back up data and do a factory reset and then restore" .
    Having spoke to samsung numerous times before and knowing that this is the only thing they know and suggest, i managed to speak to 2nd line remote support. He remotely tryed to fix and no joy. he suggested to do factory reset, i trusted him and did it.
    It worked fine for a few hours, next day same problem happened again. i have been testing different things to find, the edge screen will work fine with any edge app apart from the actual apps edge, if you remove the apps edge, contacts edge and all others will work fine. i have tryed removing the apps so there are only a few but still the same..

dont bother with factory reset it dont work, clearing cache dont work. would of tryed to change edge screen to opposite side but samsung have forgot to put that option in the new software. "left handed people discrimination". but they remembered to put all other edge screen apps that cost £1.00 upwards there. there might be a software update when they realise the problem, like when s6 first released apps where not in alphbetical order, software update took 6 months or more, so dont expect it anytime soon. they normally take about 6 months, or when they have ran out of rice to eat. whichever come sooner.

best solution to the problem.... get an iphone,
    if you have no apps in the apps edge it will work lol
    05-26-2016 09:40 AM
    Same situation here, pretty annoying!!!
    05-27-2016 07:15 AM
    Experiencing the same!
    I hope they will see it and correct this.
    05-28-2016 05:08 PM
    Same problem here. How could they miss something like this when testing updates?
    05-29-2016 10:55 AM
    Same problem

Hope Mr. Samsung read this
    05-29-2016 11:41 AM
    I have the same problem after the update I made a couple of days ago. It is so annoying but it kinda feels better seeing that Im not the only one. Hope they will release new update soon, to fix this.
    05-31-2016 07:05 AM
    Try to delete all apps from apps edge screen and add them again.
    It worked for me

Cheers
    05-31-2016 11:36 AM
    Try to delete all apps from apps edge screen and add them again.
    It worked for me

Cheers
    Thanks but this does not work for me.

cb56
    05-31-2016 01:51 PM
    I tried to delete all apps from Edge screen, then close the app, the restart and then open it and put back the apps inside. So far it works!!!!! Let see if it stands????
    Thank you for the tip
    06-01-2016 08:49 AM
    I've deleted the edge with apps on eg photos etc and it works as soon as I put back on it stopped so obviously something to do with that particular edge
    06-04-2016 04:52 AM
    My problems with this issue started when i added "Imo" to the apps edge. As soon as i removed it everything went back to normal. Weird, i know... but it seems edge has problem with certain apps. I hope it doesn't happen again.
    06-04-2016 07:01 AM
    I tried to delete all apps from Edge screen, then close the app, the restart and then open it and put back the apps inside. So far it works!!!!! Let see if it stands????
    Thank you for the tip
    Finally it stopped working. I took apps out again then re-put them. It worked for a while and stopped again!
    06-04-2016 08:28 AM
    appreciated...my case solved whn i delate the IMO messenger from edge app list. now working very well...great
    06-05-2016 10:45 AM
    Same problem. After reading this article I tryed to remove apps one after another, the case is solved. The problem was in my bank app, after I deleted it edge screen is working again. But don't know if it is permanent. Just in case i cross my fingers.
    06-10-2016 01:12 PM
    I discoversd that it's only the App panel that makes it crash. If I put all the other it works and if I add the app panel even without any app, it stops.:-
    06-12-2016 03:16 PM
    Finally resolved with an update of App Edge.

cb56
    06-13-2016 09:24 AM
    Finally Samsung have got their act together and issued an update which has fixed this irritating problem. Just downloading the Edge App update fixed it in a trice!
    06-15-2016 07:32 AM
    How did you get the App Edge update?
    My version is 1.1.24
    06-19-2016 04:40 PM
    How did you get the App Edge update?
    My version is 1.1.24
    Same here. I have 1.1.24 too and its not working. And it says thats the newest version...

Guys, how did you get 1.1.25?
    07-29-2016 07:31 AM