My phone just stopped vibrating. I did not change the settings or anything. It just does not vibrate any longer
    05-26-2016 09:35 AM
    Ever? With vibrate on keystroke or anything? It it truly had stopped there's a good chance that the motor was defective or a wire has broken. Hopefully you have insurance. If not they are very cheap and usually easy to replace. Find a DIY video on YouTube and then search for the motor with Google. I think the last one I got was under 2 bucks with shipping and handling. Probably took me 20 minutes to put it together as I watched the video and went step by step. Mine was plug and play, I haven't yet seen one that's soldiered, but any disassembly vid on your device will show you what you're dealing with.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-26-2016 10:05 AM
    I wouldn't suggest D-I-Y for someone who has never opened a phone before - too much risk of breaking or pinching a wire and ending up with a dead phone. Then he has to find a reputable repair shop that will repair a phone he's had opened - and there aren't too many of them.
    05-26-2016 04:30 PM
    I wouldn't suggest D-I-Y for someone who has never opened a phone before - too much risk of breaking or pinching a wire and ending up with a dead phone. Then he has to find a reputable repair shop that will repair a phone he's had opened - and there aren't too many of them.
    I respect that but I would base it on the users skill and as far as that goes there has to be a first time for everything, and I much rather the first time be for a plug and play vibrating motor as opposed to an LCD or digitizer. Plus if they don't have insurance there's a better than not chance that they don't in an effort to save money, so looking at a repair shop for something so minor when you see the part is only going to cost you a buck is kind of unreasonable.
    06-05-2016 07:03 AM