I have recently purchased a Galaxy A3 but the SD card keeps disconnecting itself unexpectedly then reconnects itself. Sometimes i may have to press lightly on the tray before it will reconnect, but the tray doesnt seem to have moved out of place. On one occasion the card was recognised without pressing on the tray but an error appeared saying the card could not be read. This was corrected by restarting the device but the card still keeps disconnecting randomly.

Is there a way to fix this through settings or updates i can try so i can rule out that it may be a hardware issue (like a loose fitting tray or a faulty reader [unlikely on a new device])?

The card works ok on my other devices (Galaxy Tab 4 and my old Xperia SP which both hold the card in a slot rather than a tray,) and it can easily be read on a computer via usb on any device, unless the A3 disconnects it again of course.
    05-26-2016 02:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's unlikely to be a software issue. Do all other SD cards behave this way on the phone? If so, I'd suspect a problem with the SD slot itself. There might be a problem with the spring that keeps it in place, or the contacts might be damaged or dirty.
    Rukbat likes this.
    05-26-2016 03:15 PM