Wifi - Mobile data issue

A

AC Question

Hello, so i have bought an htc one m8 mobile recently but i got surprised to see that it had supersu installed in it , anyways i used it as normal to find out that when i connec to a wifi some apps like tv remote for example can't connect to the server , whatsapp can't download photos but can download videos , when i check for an update while connected to a wifi it says up to date but when i turn off wifi and use mobile data it finds a new update.
the stranger thing is that if i create a hotspot from my other phone and connect this one to it , it works fine although it is connected to the hotspot through wifi.
so i removed the root using universal-root remover (from google play) but still same problem , (android 5.0.2) i tried updating but it says that the software version is modifed , but when i go to the boot loader it says software status official , boot loader locked , cid 11111111 , m8_ul pvt ship s-off , i tried flashing the stock ruu from the official htc website( i used the t-mobile version cause when i searched the mid it looks like t-mobile but the device is unlocked) but it gave me unregistered error.
hope you can help thanks you in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of whether it's locked or not, is it branded? (A TMobile brand makes it a TMobile phone, locked or unlocked.) The RUU must be for the particular phone you're flashing it to - a TMobile RUU won't work on an unlocked AT&T phone.

(That's all secondary - if you bought it as a new phone, it's a used phone - Android phones don't come from the factory with SuperSU installed - and SuperSU doesn't make the phone rooted, it's just an app. The file su, in the bin or xbin folder, is what makes it rooted.)