I dropped my Moto x 2 gen which I love from only 12 inches or less. It shattered . Can it be replaced ?
    My son has the same phone his was built in Texas mine in China.could mine be defected? He has dropped his from a lot farther than that and had it for 1 year or longer.
    I've only had it since April 5,2016 and did start using it until several days later. Please help.
    05-26-2016 04:55 PM
    Short drops will sometimes cause damage, and long drops not. Your phone may have had a defective glass, or it may not, but you could return it to the manufacturer for them to inspect if you wish. Contact their customer support for advice.
    sonya leavell likes this.
    05-26-2016 05:20 PM
    The exact angle at which it hit, and what it hit, is what determines what happened. If the phone hit a sharp piece of rock (even if it's the size of a pin point) right at the point where there was an unannealed crack in the screen (that happens to the best of glass), the screen will shatter. Drop a solid part of the glass onto a soft piece of stone and nothing happens. (That's why there are so many reports of cracks in Edge screens - that curve has to be perfectly annealed to relieve the stresses caused by bending the glass - and "perfectly" costs money.)
    sonya leavell likes this.
    05-26-2016 06:29 PM