I am currently interested in making my own android phone. I have bought a bunch of crap phones off of ebay and tried to tweak then a little. I want to be able to swap minor hardware between the phones such as camera, speakers, screen, battery, microphone, etc.. I have recently tried this theory and soon came to the realization that all phones have different plugin sizes for their modules. So I thought I could fix this by soldering a wire across the two strips of metal on each module plugin on the motherboard. Then doing the same to the plugin directly on the module. Then connecting the two. My goal was to create kind of a modular phone like project ARA. But after I connected the wires from the soldered wires from the screen module plugin to the soldered wires on the corresponding motherboard screen plugin nothing happened. What am I missing here? Is there a better way to do this and still have any size module plugins to work on the motherboard? Please help...
    05-26-2016 06:10 PM
    "What am I missing here?" The fact that a module that looks exactly like another one may be totally different. You just can't do it the way you're doing it - you have to start off with a blank PC board and the specs of all the modules, then design a board that will accept all the modules you want. That's pretty much what Project Ara is doing (except that they're also designing their own modules).
    05-26-2016 07:01 PM