i bought a sd card and put it in my zte n817 phone and it says insufficent storage

A

AC Question

i put in sd card phone said no suffiecient memory i deleted pictures so i could take a picture phone keeps saying insuffecient memory or storage it cant install or download anythingand it now wont let me send text or picture and it says phone space is low

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
i put in sd card phone said no suffiecient memory i deleted pictures so i could take a picture phone keeps saying insuffecient memory or storage it cant install or download anythingand it now wont let me send text or picture and it says phone space is low

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried uninstalling a few apps to free up some space? You should then be able to move your photos to your SD card. Also go in to your camera app settings and change the save location for your photos being taken.

das9887

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
go to settings, scroll to storage and click it, at top it says save location, click on those words(there is no box to click on) a pop up will ask phone or sd card, click sd card. Now any input like pics, contacts and calander should send new items to sd card. you will have to be sure any other apps could be moved to sd card. most apps cant be transfered and wont download to sd card due to purchasing and infringement rights. Now to move apps or data to sd card, go to settings, click an apps, slide screen left to show ALL. go down list 1 by 1 to see if any say "move to sd card "if they do, click it.not many will but move what you can to free up memory. The N817 doesn't have and always wants to update apps which uses up even more memory. This Phone is a real POS.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone has 4GB of storage, so you can't put much on it. Most things are saved to internal storage, apps are installed to internal storage, downloads go to internal storage. About all you can do is move pictures, music, videos and the like to the SD card to free up some internal storage but, in 2018, 4GB of internal storage just isn't enough. The phone's going on 5 years old, in a field in which phones are designed to last 2 years. Let it die in peace and get a phone with more internal storage - at least 32GB (which will probably be good for another 2 or 3 years).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay