My phone keeps reverting to builtin launcher

A

AC Question

I use a Huawei Y625 phone running Android Kitkat. (It's not a very popular model, so it is hard to find any information about this particular phone.)

My problem with the phone is that I can't seem to change the default launcher at all. As a Huawei phone, it comes with a 'Emotion UI' interface, with a builtin home screen/launcher called 'Huawei Home'. I am trying to set Arrow as my default launcher, installed it and all, set it up as default, but everytime I reboot it keeps reverting back to Huawei Home.

I can't think of any solution. I'm not sure if removing Huawei Home would be safe (and if it is, then I have to root my phone.)

Simply changing the default launcher shouldn't be so difficult and yet here I am. What should I do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Try resetting defaults on the "default" launcher. Hit Home and you should be asked which launcher to use, and whether always or just once - choose always. (You can reset the defaults on that launcher too, if you want to go back to the Huawei launcher.)

2. If you want to disable the default launcher, use Link2SD. (Long-press the app and you'll get a menu.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol