I have Samsung galaxy S7 and I don't like "always on display" feature. I also don't like that every notification is turning on my display! I was not able to find option to disable it It's a shame since even ordinary lollipop does not have this stupid feature (actually you can enable/disable that feature).
    05-27-2016 11:32 AM
    Settings>Notification>find the apps that pop up and disable notification from them. Or turn off always on display. There's a plethora of settings regarding this, fiddle until you happy with it.
    05-27-2016 06:02 PM
    That's weird. What apps are giving you a turn on screen notifications? My S7 Edge isn't turning on for notifications.
    05-27-2016 08:44 PM
    What's up AC-Question: Always in display is a New feature on Galaxy phones. Is useful but If you don't
    like it take the @Tim1954 advice..Turned off and do the same, with the Notifications on the lock Screen

Goto >settings >Notifications >From list displayed >click the "Blue switch" To turned off irrelevant apps and keep On those like: Email accts -Phone carrier -yourAVirus -CCleaner and AC-Forums.. the decision is Up to you. SEEYou
    05-27-2016 11:28 PM
    Hi all!
    Thank you for your replays. Please accept my apology, because I was not clear enough in my question!
    1. I like my battery to last, so you can believe me my "always on display" is off!
    2. I think that any notification is turning on my display (viber, gmail, sms), but we can for example stick to just sms application
    3. Turning off the notification is not what I want! I would for example like to have sound notification.
    If I disable notifications on sms application it does not turn on my display, but like I said I would like to have sound notification!
    It does not help if I disable sub options from notification menu like: "Pop up display" and "Preview message". Looks like this two options do exactly what they are suppose to do!
    It also does not help if I disable "Led Indicator" (under Settings>Display). And I would like to add, that I like led indicator!
    05-28-2016 02:17 AM
    Are you using any third party app for SMS? I don't have any issues of any app turning on my screen. A third party app for notifications may be causing this.
    05-28-2016 02:41 AM
    Hi chancan05. Thank you for your replay. At least I know that your phone is working as it should I am using stock sms app. I like the icion notification. But don't forget any notification lights up my screen!
    05-28-2016 02:56 AM
    Ah. I don't use the stock sms because it has some features missing for me.

Maybe you can try to use something like Lightflow. It can handle all the notifications and disable screen turning on for notifications. You can also change the notification lights.
    05-28-2016 03:13 AM
    Maybe I can. I was reading about it on forums but what I found people with problems were not able to solve it with this apps.
    I've just noticed that gmail is not lighting my screen on! So for now I know that viber and stock sms apps to that! I checked viber settings and there is an option to disable that feature. So the problem is that stock sms application does not have that option and it lights up the screen if you turn on notifications! It's a shame, because I like this icon notifications, but looks like I'll have to switch to some other app
    But ok, at least I know how it works now! It's a shame that andorid does not have an option to disable screen notifications!
    Viber does not light my screen any more, but it also does not play the sound notification always. Some times it does and the other time it does not! What a crap!

chanchan05 thank you for your help! Which sms app do you suggets?
    05-28-2016 03:27 AM
    I use Google Messenger for now. I have a dual sim S7 Edge and a lot of apps don't support it. I used EvolveSMS before and liked it. Too bad it didn't have dual sim support.
    05-28-2016 03:46 AM