How can I get the contacts that appears on the Verizon cloud online to download to my phone?

A

AC Question

I recently upgraded to the S7 Edge. It's great, but somehow my contacts got all screwed up. I have always had my contacts backed up to the cloud and this has never ever been an issue in the past. But for some reason after this upgrade only like 12 contacts downloaded. The Verizon assistant was as confused as I was and tried sending the contacts via bluetooth from my old phone before ultimately using the transfer device.

I checked my contacts later and every single contact had doubled, i.e. there were two separate listings for each person. This was obviously annoying, but I figured I was overdue to rid myself of contacts anyway so I started deleting the doubles and some of the numbers I didn't need anymore. I notice later that a bunch of numbers I DIDN'T delete both of were gone. My contacts were decimated.

Now here is the most frustrating part. If I go to the Cloud on the Verizon website, there are all my normal contacts in perfect condition as they had previously been on my old phone. So far I can't find a way to get them from there to my phone. I can download them as an excel spreadsheet but that's about it. I'd like to avoid having to completely redo my contacts by hand. Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Always have your contacts backed up to Google's cloud. It's a Google phone, let it work the way it was designed to. (To sync contacts backed up to Google, just put the same Google account on the new phone that you had on the old phone.)

For now, ask Verizon how to move the contacts from Verizon's cloud to Google's Contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol