I recently got a hipstreet vanguard 2 tablet and I dropped it onto a concrete floor with an extremely thin carpet from two feet high in the air. Androids being Androids, the screen cracked. There are two cracks running down the middle, not that much damage you would think. Would I be able to fix that? Well, really this is two questions in one, but the surface itself not cracked, like when I run my hand over it, there's no bump or anything at all. (Though, I do suspect that for some reason the tablet came with a screen protector) So did I damage the display or the screen? There is also one thing to add to this. The cracks seemed quite minimal, not as many as if it were shattered, just two. But, if I try to do anything with the screen, it is unresponsive. Like, the lock screen will just move up and down all by itself as if the cracks were like my fingers continuously pressing on the screen. What should I do?
    05-28-2016 09:36 PM
    I recently got a hipstreet vanguard 2 tablet and I dropped it onto a concrete floor with an extremely thin carpet from two feet high in the air. Androids being Androids, the screen cracked. There are two cracks running down the middle, not that much damage you would think. Would I be able to fix that? Well, really this is two questions in one, but the surface itself not cracked, like when I run my hand over it, there's no bump or anything at all. (Though, I do suspect that for some reason the tablet came with a screen protector) So did I damage the display or the screen? There is also one thing to add to this. The cracks seemed quite minimal, not as many as if it were shattered, just two. But, if I try to do anything with the screen, it is unresponsive. Like, the lock screen will just move up and down all by itself as if the cracks were like my fingers continuously pressing on the screen. What should I do?
    The bolded part, not sure what you're trying to say there but the OS has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with hardware damage as a result of a drop. You bought a budget device, you get what you pay for as it relates to the hardware, the quality of the glass is likely not the same as you'd see with a Samsung or other name-brand device.

As for what's happening, the glass is also likely the "digitizer", the part of the device that detects finger touches. SOME devices can have just the glass replaced, I can't say that's the case with yours.
    05-28-2016 09:53 PM
    It's not that some can, all can, it's that the labor to replace the digitizer usually offsets the price of a whole screen, so it pays to spend the same money to get the entire screen replaced - which is all you can do if the screen (digitizer layer or entire screen) is cracked.

My Note 3 in an Otterbox - an Android - has been dropped onto worse than carpeted concrete (it's been lobbed into a wall at a high speed) - and doesn't have a scratch. It's not the device that matters (a curved screen not completely annealed can crack by just sitting there, just due to a slight temperature difference), it's the protection that does. (Lifeproof is even better than Otterbox, but I wasn't about to spend $90 on a case, and they didn't make cases for Samsungs at the time.)
    05-29-2016 06:29 PM
    Lol ignorance. As if iPhones don't crack in pockets. I remember they used to explode while making calls too.

Next time buy a decent sturdier device. My Samsung Tab 4 has had it pretty rough, falling from tables to concrete floors, about 3 feet high and no problems.
    05-29-2016 07:50 PM