About a week and a half ago our daughter found herself somehow 'locked out' of her devices. I wasn't privy to the beginning of the saga. My wife and daughter tried to fix it by doing a factory reset (of which there were several attempts to factory reset the device). By the time I was allowed to offer some assistance this is what I know:
    She can access her google account on a pc. Everything is there and everything appears fine.
    She is not able to access her nexus 7 (2013) or Moto G. The same error message shows up for both when trying to log in (from the factory reset): There was a problem communicating with google servers. Try again later.

We are at a loss.
    05-30-2016 09:15 AM
    Hello. Just a quick input which may not help.
    I take it she did not have a pin / password locked screen, so she could swipe open both (which is good).
    If she is trying to log back in, and you factory reset in Recovery Mode (device off, using the power and volume keys) -
    from Android 5.1 Google's Factory Reset Protection kicks in even though her data has been wiped, meaning the previous Google account and password for the device has to be used.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/factor...-you-need-know

Could she have tried resetting her password on the pc. The original one will work.
    This normally causes initial issues with Locked screens, so I'm not too familiar with this scenario myself.

Can she bypass the account log in and get to Settings - Backup and Restore, then reset again from there.
    This would remove the Google account as well and you can start afresh.
    If you can get there perhaps first look in Settings - Accounts - Google, and see if there's an account.

Check on the pc via www.google.com/android/devicemanager
    and see if both devices are listed.

I or someone will come back to you if you can register a username and continue here.

(I don't think I am thinking this through clearly
    05-30-2016 10:51 AM
    I believe I've tried all of these options (some of them again after getting your response sfoLAX).
    I am very novice when it comes to troubleshooting things like this. I'm wondering why the device will not communicate (does this mean connect?) with the google servers?
    05-31-2016 01:07 PM
    I believe I've tried all of these options (some of them again after getting your response sfoLAX).
    I am very novice when it comes to troubleshooting things like this. I'm wondering why the device will not communicate (does this mean connect?) with the google servers?
    Sorry I couldn't get back.
    I am not sure what's happening at what stage precisely, but then I can't remember the stages after rebooting from a reset. (plus I don't know much anyhow!)

You have posted in the past.
    Give this question another try in General Help and How To (Android Central Community) and have a look at the various ambassadors guides (stickies) there and ask one of those knowledgeable guys and gals.
    06-01-2016 02:38 PM
    Have you confirmed that the devices have connected to a network? A network connection is needed in order to complete the login process and the error is indicating the device is not connected.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    06-01-2016 03:28 PM