Please help I just updated UK note 4 to marchmellow. And want to back up my phone but I get error can not back up.I've reinstall the kies 3 and rebooted pc and reinstall drivers etc etc.how can I back it up.it was fine before update today here is a screen shot
    05-30-2016 11:55 AM
    BTW here is a screen shot showing kies error
    Please help I need to back this **** note 4 up asap
    I'm the op I just wasn't logged in when making this thread
    I also updated kies to latest version.old version worked OK
    05-30-2016 11:59 AM
    I really need to back this thing up this is driving me crazy.I've all really lost 5 gigs of miscleanious files that were my music I made using caustic .because backed up my phone using kies then factory reset it.then installed March mellow from the phone menu.when installed I went to restore my backup.and it restored everything apart from my misukainaous files.the most important files on my phone.so I lost the mucic I had been producing for the last year.also noticed kies cannot back up missalaious anymore this is what it says.kies never used to say this
    05-30-2016 12:27 PM
    So please guys help me I've lost 4 gigs worth of mucic I produced using caustic 3 that was in miserlaious .and I can not back up my phone to kies
    05-30-2016 12:30 PM
    Any help guys?
    05-30-2016 01:14 PM
    Thanks for the great help
    06-01-2016 06:31 PM
    I don't have a Note 4 (had a Note 3).
    Worst scenario you should be able to extract your music from the Kies backup (there was someone on the Note 3 forums who knew the Kies file systems for Samsung type files, but music should be easy.

Two thoughts. I would have guessed Kies would no longer be effective with a major update, as Samsung has been phasing it out for a while.
    I'm surprised you didn't get a message from Kies saying try Samsung Smart Switch (the pc program) instead. You probably didn't because you were trying to restore from Kies, not back up first.

I think there was a way to restore wirh Smart Switch what's in Kies on your pc, iirc some post.

People in the Note 4 forums should know. You can download Smart Switch (not the app) without affecting the Kies storage.
    When I had the Note 3 I had several maybe 10's of gigs on the pc taken up with several Kies backups.

You must know the connection mode with Marshmallow defaults to Charging Mode, you got some files restored. Did you change the USB mode on the notification shade to MTP.

You should be able to drag music files out of the Kies backup, but I can't remember.

Somebody in the Note 4 community should be able to help, and I can look further tomorrow. It's late for me in the UK too.

I miss my Samsungs, but major updates screw some features.

All should not be lost though
    06-01-2016 07:47 PM
    I possibly misunderstood. If the music is on the Note 4, I would first drag to copy the music files over usb via Windows Explorer to the pc desktop / folder. Download Samsung Smart Switch and do a backup.
    Smart Switch doesn't have as many individual sync features as Kies it's more an overall backup file, but not entirely, again iirc. There are screenshots out there, and I have some somewhere when I started using Smart Switch over Kies on my pc.
    06-01-2016 08:07 PM